Sunday, June 26, 2005

Blood Stains

Thanks to my beloved Doberman, I know how to clean up blood and get bloodstains out of a beige carpet. My Doberman and his injuries are really a separate post. But I will try to make a really long story short.

My Doberman has a wound on his leg; the vet calls it a lick granuloma. Anyway, he won't stop licking and chewing this thing and on several occasions he has struck a vein. The end result has not been pretty. I don't want to get too graphic, but there have been rivers of blood on my carpets and blood actually squirting through the air.

So what is the key to getting out these bloodstains you ask? Well, first you must remain calm. The best time to clean the blood is when it first happens. I like to soak up as much as possible, and then I wet the paper towel and proceed to blot. When all that is said and done, I whip out the handy dandy Bissell Steam Cleaner, and clean up the rest. Works like a charm every time.

Okay, I realize that this post was kind of gross, but if it just helps one person, then I'm satisfied. A friend suggested that I add to my resume the fact that I am an expert at getting bloodstains out of carpets, but I don't know I'm still debating that one.

By the way, my dog is fine; we're still working on that wound. I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Resume entry: Blood Removal Expert

You must really, really, really, really, really, really, really love those dogs.

5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home