Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Reflections

I came to a horrendous realization today. Actually, I've come to this realization before, but now that I have a blog, I can share it with all of you.

So I'm sitting at work today and I emailed my friend that works with me and ask her the same question that I always ask, "Is it Friday Yet?" Of course today is only Tuesday. And her reply which is always the same, "Think Bigger, Is It Retirement Yet?" To which I reply, only 35 more years to go.

Then I realized that I sit at work day after day wishing the day would go by faster, than that the week would go by faster. Basically, I am sitting at work wishing my life away.

So today I was thinking that there has to be more to life than this. And by this I mean me sitting in front of a computer all day in a cube the size of a breadbox with my cubemates sitting so close that I feel like I should tip them for the lapdance. Then I come home and take care of my dogs and eat dinner and spend more time in front of the computer.

Is there more to life than this?? Someone, please tell me what am I missing out on?? And tell me how I can stop missing out and start living!!

2 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

I think you need to try something completely different at work. Have you ever tried casting people in your office in various sitcoms past and present? Surely you can re-cast Gilligan's Island with just the people at work, or maybe The Brady Bunch, Married with Children, etc. And don't stop w/sitcoms, there's film too. How about the all-Certified Public Accountant version of West Side Story? Works for me.

6:41 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

When I figure it out, I'll be sure to let you know :-)

8:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home