Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Bad News

So today I took Rocky to the vet. He is 2 years old and has severe and degenerative arthritis in both of his front paws and issues with his back knees. He may need surgery on his back knees at some point and he may need physical therapy. They said they can give me medication to manage his pain. But he is 2 years old and now he is facing a life time of pain.

I don't know what to do. He already has a lot of damage from the arthritis and there is nothing they can do for his front legs. I don't know if I can subject him to a life time of pain. So not only am I going to lose Smokey soon, but now it's possible that I may lose Rocky all too soon. The dog has some strikes against him, he's aggressive and now this. My poor boys.

I bought them Halloween costumes and I am going to enter them into a costume contest. Smokey is going to be a police dog and Rocky is going to be a convict. I hope they win some prize. Here are their pictures.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww Hon, I am sorry to hear. I can imagine you are wondering what to do.

They look awesome in those costumes though :)

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Thanks DB! I don't know what to do. It's too hard.

9:52 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I'm so sorry, Honey. You've had so much grief with your sweet pups. They get in our hearts, yes?

Big hugs!!!

5:31 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

I'm sorry about Smokey and Rocky. Please try and cherish each moment you can spend with them.

4:08 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Where are you? Come back!!!

Hoping everything is ok...

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home