Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Pity Party, Table for One

Today was a horrible day and I would like some sympathy. The good news is that I survived the day. That's the only good news.

Today my roofer calls me at 9am, incase I forgot to mention it, I need a whole new roof. So the roofer, who is a younger guy, quite attractive, and very nice, called me and asked me if I wanted black shingles. I say yes, he says ok and he's off. Now, every time he calls me, we go through the same thing, he says hi, it's -----, well we'll just call him D. Then he asks me how I am and I say fine and I ask how he is and he says fine. Like I said, he's a doll.

Anyway, D calls me back at 11am to tell me that he just finished unloading all the shingles and they gave him the wrong color. Now he has to load all 60 bundles back up, each bundling weighing 85-100lbs. I say oh man and he says yeah.

So, most of the day goes by and I'm just busy at working. It's about 3:45pm and I start emailing my friend that everything seems to be going fine and to pray for me that nothing else goes wrong with my roof. Wouldn't you know that while I'm typing my email, my phone rings and yep you guessed it, the roofer.

So D calls me and tells me that my roof needs all new plywood which is going to increase the estimate by $1891, which wouldn't be a problem, except I'm poor. Anyway, I put my head in my hands and just listened and told D to go ahead.

So, I'm walking out to the parking lot towards my car at the end of what was certainly a miserable day. I was thinking how great, I was finally putting the day behind me. So as I approach my car, I see what looks like a bee wedged into the foglight/fender area.

Now, I am absolutely petrified of bees since the bee sting incident, which I did not yet blog about, but surely will. So, I decide to face my fears, go to the gas station, pump my own gas and get my car washed to get rid of the bees. The fear of pumping my gas goes along with the bee incident, which I will absolutely blog about next.

So, I am all fired up and I head off to the gas station, only to be stopped by a cop. The cop tells me that I am doing 53 in a 35. So there I sat on the side of the road in tears awaiting what will surely be a $285 ticket, cursing myself for trying to be bold and pump my own gas.

The cop comes back after what is surely 30 minutes after everyone has stared at me as they went by. I recall the times that I have stared at people and now feel somewhat guilty. Oh and my head is now pounding. So the cop comes back and tells me he gave me a ticket for 5 over. I could have kissed him. He told me that shouldn't affect my insurance. Again I want to kiss him.

Anyway, off I went, I pumped my own gas and got my car washed. However, when I got home, I think I still saw the bee stuck there, which leads me to believe it was dead all along.

I got home to see my house with a nice big tarp over the roof as D and his crew can't work anymore until tomorrow when they get the plywood. So I take the dogs outside for their evening walk, and what do I see, but bees flying around the tarp trying to get in.

Did I mention that I hate bees? Well, it's more like I'm terrified of them. So now I'm afraid to go to my bedroom and sleep as I am afraid that there will be some bees that found their way in. And with the day that I'm having can you really blame me???

3 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Jiminy Crispbutts! Someone get that woman a barge full of Calgon to take her away!

I recommend you reward D the roofer nakedly, especially if he does something about the damn bees.

Love You, Rackerella, hang in there, baby.

5:58 PM

 
Blogger marty said...

Feeling the way you do, leave, and knowing where you live, now would be the opportune time to buy a semi-automatic weapon.

My lazy fat asshole boss lives in New Jersey. He could use a visit at an odd hour of the morning. And please don't forget your semi-automatic weapon.

By the way, what is your middle name so I can make sure it's you on the news?

8:02 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

YUCK! Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed you know?

Hope it's better today!

7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home