Monday, August 08, 2005

The Rack of the Party



So, I drove down to NJ on Saturday, with the intent of attanding a party of people from the online dating site. I left Saturday morning at about 9:30am and about 7 hours later, arrived at my hotel. That 7 hours does not take into account the time that I spent with my Aunt when I stopped and had lunch with her. That was all driving. Fortunately, my uncle gave me a shortcut which helped cut out a lot of the traffic on the Garden State.

I get to my hotel around 5:45pm and I am checking in when I get the feeling that someone is staring at me, so I turn to look, and sure enough there's Marty. So he is the first person that I got to meet. He is extremely nice and just as funny in person as he is online and in his blog. Then I met a few other people at the hotel, LisaB was one. She is an absolute doll in person.

I went to the party and it was in a huge bar right on the beach, which was really nice. Everyone recognized me immediately and said that I look just like my pictures. I recognized almost everyone from their pictures. Everyone was really nice and very funny. I had a good time.

Unfortunately, I got sick towards the end of the party and got a ride back to my hotel and didn't get to say good-bye to anyone. I was going to go to brunch with everyone in the morning, but I got really sick (sore throat, headache, fever, body aches) (your sympathy is appreciated) and so I just wanted to go home. Fortunately, it only took 4 hours to get home, but I felt awful about not getting to say good-bye.

So, for those of you party goers that read my blog, I truly enjoyed meeting all of you and I will be happy to share my pictures with you, once I figure out what to do with them. Anyway, I do hope that I get to see you all again!! For those of you that I didn't get to meet, I hope to someday (that's you Ms. Trouble).

5 Comments:

Blogger glo said...

Ms. Cleeeve.... I'm so glad you made it to the party and so sorry you fell ill. Hope you're doing better.

I didn't make it to the beach and hope that I can/will be at the next party. I love those things and the pics that follow. It's exciting to meet the names you chat with and hope that you'll be one of them.

12:22 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

MWAH Filo!!! I had such a great time hanging out with you too. You are absolutely hilarious!

I'm so happy I finally got to meet you :-)

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

My loviebumble, I'm so glad you got to meet the only people on jdate worth a damn. You are wonderful beyond imagination and I'm sure they all told you so!

We'll meet soon, but in the meantime, a speedy recovery to you and all my love.

7:42 PM

 
Blogger glo said...

Trubbs.... good thing I'm not on Jdate at the moment, or I might take offense...lol

7:25 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

Leave, thank you again for your kind words.

You make me sound almost.......normal!

9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home