Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Rack Scorned

Once again it's been awhile since my last post. Unfortunately, I don't have anything good or funny to report.

I was sort of dating someone and we had made plans for him to come over to my house this past Friday night. I spent the better part of the week straightening up the house and then the night before I spent 3 hours cleaning, I vacuumed, I steam cleaned and then I vacuumed some more. I also cleaned the toilets and put a bandage on my dog's foot so he wouldn't have to look at the nasty wound on the dog's leg. So I went through all that, only to find an email from the guy on Friday morning telling me he was canceling again. He had also canceled last weekend. Needless to say I was upset. My feelings were hurt and I sent him an email telling him exactly how I felt and what I thought. I don't think that I will be hearing from him again.

Well, I didn't want to waste a clean house, and when I saw a friend of mine pop online I invited him over. He accepted the invitation and dropped everything and came over. We drank mudslides and watched Blalzing Saddles. We had a lot of fun.

The icing on the cake was when one of my friend's dumped me this week as a friend. I was sent a very nasty, mean email basically telling me that I wasn't worth their time anymore as a friend. Now, I am upset over this, but since this has happened numerous times before I'm a little numb to it. It still hurts, but life goes on. I can't please all of the people all of the time, but that doesn't make me a bad person.

I thought that things would finally get better this week with all of those bad things behind me. WRONG AGAIN. I was loading my clothes into the washing machine and all of a sudden the lid came crashing down and landed in my palm. My hand is all swollen and hurts like mad. Oh well.

I think that I would like to crawl back into bed and come back out when it's 2006. 2005 has not been kind to me and I just want the year to be over. Don't get me wrong, not all bad things have happened this year. My nephew was born this year and I'm sure that there are other things, but I can't think of them right now.

I need a pick me up, so, please share with me some positive things that have happened to you this year so that I can share in your joy.

3 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

I had the privilege of meeting you in New Jersey (of all places).

Without the internet and jdate that would not have been possible.

You are a lovely person and friend and shouldn't let any negative people or things get you down.

Now go write a funny post about the asshole that stood you up.
You'll be glad you did.

Motivational Marty

6:42 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Marty I was just about to say that! Miss Cleave, I had an awesome time hanging out with you, (and don't remember the last time I laughed that much :-))

Sometimes overall a year just sucks. BUT my dear, there are always fun moments during that time that keep us going. Keep the faith, it WILL get better, (although I know it never seems to feel that way at the time.)

MWAH and Big Hug!!!

5:33 AM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

Hang in there, pretty kitty, things will get better.

Remember: the less importance you assign to the craptacular things, the more your life improves.

My life (as I take no pains to hide) often features events and people that suck farts out of dead cats' asses. However, I believe good things happen in equal measure, and this belief is borne out in glorious ways.

It's all about perspective.

You are lovely, as Marty pointed out, talented, funny, and valued by your friends and family just for being.

Don't let the turkeys get you down. Just look at them menacingly and think of Thanksgiving.

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home