Monday, September 12, 2005

More Deep Thoughts By Rack McRacken

So, I was sitting on my couch watching Seinfeld and rubbing my dogs' bellies with my feet when I started thinking. Now, since this is something that I rarely do, I started getting philosophical on myself.

So, what had me so deep in thought you ask? Well, I was thinking about the perfect man, and does he really exist. And by perfect man, I don't mean one that would be perfect by the entire world's standards, I mean perfect for me.

I've been talking, texting and emailing this guy from that damned online dating site. He seems perfect. He's sweet, he's funny, he calls when he says he's going to. He told me that even though he has no spare time he would make sure that I received plenty of his time as I would be someone that is important to him. He loves his mom and he has no problem telling everyone even if it makes him sound less than straight. She has cancer and he drives all the way back home as often as he can to see her and help her around the house and take her to lunch. She's about 5.5 hours away.

Today I was sitting at my desk and mr. wonderful sent me a text message that just said he can't wait to meet me. So, being the ever jokester that I am. I texted him back and said "Did you tell your mom that you may have met the woman of your dreams?" His response, as I know you're dying to know what it was, "And all my friends too." Isn't that just the sweetest?

Anyway, I am so afraid to get my hopes up yet again, as I have had them repeatedly thrown on the ground and trampled right in front of my very eyes. Oh yeah, he loves dogs too.

I know by now you're all thinking why haven't I married this guy yet, right? Well, there is the little formality of meeting him...but I can't wait. If he's half as wonderful in person as he is over the phone then Vegas here I come!! Just kidding.

All of this brings me back to the reason I started this post. Is there a perfect someone for everyone and how many people actually meet their perfect someone? Could this be mine? The answer is, I don't know. But I think that I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen? I go out for a few hours, have a nice dinner with someone and we each go our separate ways. But then on the other hand.......I don't dare to say it outloud!!

But in case, no matter what happens, I will keep you posted. I know that each and every one of you will be sitting on the edges of your seats biting your nails waiting to find out what happens. All I can say is, I think Friday is when I'm meeting him, so if you can hang on until then. Come on, it's nothing, it's a work week!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Woot! Woot!

la la la I can't hear you!

Forget jinxes. If he's the right guy for you, nothing will prevent your being together.

5:26 PM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Well Ms. Trubs, I use you as the example, you found the perfect guy for you, so here's to hoping!!

5:49 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Fingers crossed and lots of luck!!!

I can't wait to hear your good news, (and NO jinx there!!!)

MWAH!

8:47 PM

 
Blogger marty said...

Good luck, Leave. Personally, I wish you all the best. But if it works out, it may not be as interesting to your loyal readers.

Of course, you could always make up stuff. I could help w/that.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

There are people who are good for you and people who are great.

10:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home