Saturday, November 26, 2005

And I'm Back!!!

I'm back from my week long excursion up north to see my family. I had a wonderful time with my niece and nephew and my mom. I love my brother and sister in law but I could have killed him.

My niece is about 3.5 and she has developed quite the attitude, which I find to be hysterical. She talks back, she yells and she gets quite feisty. When she's in a bad mood though, look out. I still found all of this to be quite humorous. My nephew is 5 months old and just kind of hangs out. He is still a little wobbly and looks like he's drunk all the time. I did manage to get him to laugh outloud for the first time ever. We got it on video.

My brother is currently out of work. He is a consultant, and when the project ends, he becomes unemployed. However, he is extremely good at what he does and he comes highly recommended, therefore, when he is hired for each new project he is able to negotiate an incredible salary which more than gets them by when he's out of work. So right now my brother and sister in law are together 24/7 and they are on each other's last nerves. My brother also has no patience and spends his time snapping at everyone and everything.

On Thanksgiving Day my niece wanted to go out and play in the snow, because we got about 3.2 inches of snow that day. So I was going to take her outside when my brother decided he was going to be super dad and he was going to do it. So I helped to get her dressed and all he had to do was put on her gloves. Ok, so she's 3 and she doesn't quite understand how you have to spread out your fingers and shove each one into the glove fingers. So each time my brother tries to put on one of the gloves and it doesn't work out, he snaps at her and she just stands there all happy and sweet. So he keeps trying and he keeps snapping and she keeps saying, I'm trying daddy I really am. So finally my sister in law comes over and gets the gloves on because she has more patience. I was playing with my nephew in the family room and just kind of sat there crying. All she wanted to do was go outside and he couldn't even be patient enough for that.

Don't get me wrong, my brother isn't a totally rotten human being, but this was just one incident that I felt I needed to get off my chest. Deep breath.

Thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Men are NUTS when they are out of work. I always find they want to manage EVERTHING.

Your niece and nephew sound adorable by the by!

5:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home