Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dark Cloud GO AWAY

This has not been a good week. But, I will skip the details of the early part of the week and fast forward to today.

Today I was supposed to drop my car off at the dealership and get my new exhaust put on. However, I was in the shower and I started hearing the toilet bubbling. I looked out of the shower and saw bubbles, my first thought was, "This can't be good." Next thing I know weird things are shooting out of the tub, I look down and realize I'm in a foot of water. I jump out of the shower. I dry off.

I run upstairs and throw on some clothes. I look in the upstairs toilet and see that there is no water. Hmm that's odd. I go downstairs and see that there is no water in the downstairs toilet. Hmm, odd. There is a foot and a half of water in the tub though. Ok.

I decide at this point to call a plumber, however, before I can do that, I hear some odd noises. I go into the downstairs bathroom and the toilet is now overflowing!! WTF??? I shut the water valve off, but this does nothing. I try the plunger, this too does nothing. Suddenly the water is gone. Wait, it gets better. I go upstairs, same thing, the toilet is now overflowing and then suddenly it's gone. So I think to myself, do I need an exorcist or a plumber? I go with plumber and call RotoRooter.

I also call my boss because she is supposed to pick me up at the car dealership on her way into work. I leave her a frantic message. By the way, it's only 7 a.m.

So I call RotoRooter and they tell me that someone will be out by noon or before if they can. Ok, great. I finish throwing some clothes on and yep you guessed it, I had to pee. Great. I jump in the car, which thankfully started, however, the winshields are all frozen. So I'm doing the dance in the car while I wait for it to thaw. I finally get to the Mobil station and the bathrooms are disgusting. I decide I can't wait any longer. I get home and RotoRooter calls and says someone will be here around 10 a.m.

Around 9:15 a.m. I have to go to the bathroom again. This time I go to McDonald's. The bathroom was so nice and clean I didn't want to leave. I get home and the RotoRooter guy is sitting outside my driveway looking for my house. I pull up and tell him where to find me, he follows me home. I was ready to kiss him. Oh and I should mention that both of these bathrooms that I drove to, where about 15 minutes away. Great.

So the repair costs are about $400 and may take several hours or all day and of course I have to be here and I still have no functioning plumbing.

I called my boss and let her know and I have decided to make the most of my situation and I'm going to finish up my midterm which is due on Saturday. Oh and I also decided to post on my blog. I mean, I'm not going anywhere for awhile anyway.

Hopefully nothing else will go wrong today or tomorrow for that matter. Oh yeah and the plumber just told me that I could have a collapsed pipe somewhere. Oh and when he was discussing what could be wrong he used the phrase "feminine hygiene products." It's ok, you can laugh, I am.

4 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

I didn't realize you had indoor plumbing where you live. Is that new?

Best,

Marty, Outhouse Outlet Stores

6:08 PM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

No I have had indoor plumbing since I moved here, I don't know how long before that they had it.

2:33 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Time for an exorcist methinks to get rid of the evil house spirits ;-)

5:06 AM

 
Blogger glo said...

All good now? I sure hope so :)

5:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home