Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me

My birthday is a week from Sunday (April 23rd for those of you calendarly challenged) and I'm trying to think of fun things to do so that I can enjoy this birthday. I will be (gulp) 31.

There is a new Cold Stone Creamery opening near me and I think that it might be fun for my family and I to go there and get some goodies for my birthday.

My happiest birthday memories were the ones that I spent with my family when my Grandmother was alive. She used to make sure that my birthdays were always fun and tht we always did something special. I remember one year as a little girl, my mother spent all day making me a Minnie Mouse Birthday cake. The thing was unreal. This is what it looked like. Impressive huh?

Anyway, I think that my 30th birthday was pretty special as well. My Aunt took me for a day of beauty for my 30th birthday. I spent a week with her and one day we went to the spa and had facials, massages and I had a manicure. Then the next day we went and I had a pedicure. We spent the rest of the week hanging out and shopping.

Usually, I take the week of my birthday off and spend the week relaxing, playing with my niece, seeing my family and just hanging out. This year, I can't take the week off because I'm in training for my new job. It's a bummer, but I'll survive.

Now, I would like to hear about your favorite birthday memory. I would like to hear your funniest, most outrageous, or best birthday ever stories!

3 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Happy almost birthday!

My birthday's all kinda blend together but I know they have been fun ;-)

Oh and as for my favorite? It's highly censored!!!

6:22 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

http://thelifeofmarty.blogspot.com/2005/09/cold-stone-creamery.html

Congrats Leave on an almost birthday. I covered Cold Stone Creamery in one of my posts. Please follow my advice there and you are guaranteed to have fun.

Consumer Marty

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I took my kids to Cold Stone Creamery once and they didn't care for it. I didn't try it but I prefer not to chew my ice cream! It's a little too thick for my taste. Enjoy whatever you decide to do and if you end up going there and you chew your ice cream, don't blame me if you start choking on it when you remember my story!

12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home