Wednesday, March 01, 2006

No Idea

I don't even know what to title this post. Today was a rough day. I stayed hom sick because I felt like crap. So I decided to be productive.

I went through all three of my closets (yes I'm a clothes whore). I came out with 4 trash bags filled. I went and donated them. I called my vet's office to find out about obtaining my other dog's records for when I move and get a new vet. They told me all he needed was a heartworm test.

So I took my dog for a ride in the car (he LOVES the car). We went to donate my clothes and then we went to the vet's office. Well when I got there, I saw the technician who loved Zeke and was always so good to him. She ran up and hugged me and we cried together. I told her how very sorry I was that she didn't get to say good bye to him. Then the other tech came and hugged me and handed me a little bag. I asked what's this, she said, it's Zeke. Forget it. I lost it. Inside the bag was something else, they had made a mold of one of his paws and wrote Zeke on it. That was too much for me. It was sweet, but oh so emotional.

I can't believe my once beautiful and mighty dog now fits in a little box. It's so sad, but at least I'll have him with me always. The girls at the vet's office asked for a picture. Also, my favorite vet came out, she wanted to talk to me. It was all very sweet. Yet it was another emotional day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

WOW! What a thoughtful vet! I'm a bit perplexed that they gave you his ashes. That's what they did right? Tell them Zeke was Jewish, we don't "do" ashes :) Hang in there, he's in a happier place and was cared for well by your vet. May you find a wonderful vet in your new hometown. :)

5:06 PM

 
Blogger marty said...

What prep have you done for your visit to Jolly Olde England?

Cheers!

British Marty

6:41 PM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

Oh, darlin', that must have been so hard for you. How wonderful of the vet's office to take such tender interest in your Zeke, and to be there for you.

Stay strong, my friend, you'll weather all the changes in your life right now and end up just fine. I promise!

9:21 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Aw your vets office rocks! What a lovely bunch of caring people. It's nice to know they loved Zeke too yes?

Hugs my friend.

11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home