Sunday, March 26, 2006

Zeke February 9, 1996-February 20, 2006

The shelter where I adopted Zeke, has a Rainbrow Bridge page where they post tributes to deceased dobermans. Zeke has already been gone a month and I have tried on a couple of occasions to write one and I haven't been able to make it through the tears. Today, I sat myself down and forced myself to write it. It took 4 tries and many, many tissues and tears, but I finally got through it and submitted it. It will take awhile before the shelter adds my tribute, so I thought that I would share it with you here. Without further ado here is the picture I sent and my tribute:






Zeke February 9, 1996 – February 20, 2006

Dear DRU:

I wanted to let you know that my beloved Zeke, otherwise known to DRU as Black Zeke was laid to rest on February 20, 2006. I wanted to thank you for bringing this amazingly sweet, loyal and loving dog into my life. Although I only had 4 short years with him, they were the best that any dog owner could ask for. I would be honored if you would post this tribute on your Rainbow Bridge.

Dear Zeke:

I’ll never forget that Sunday afternoon when I met you. You walked up to me, smiled and then climbed up on the couch next to me and placed your head in my lap. I knew in that instant that I was going to be taking you home.

You adapted very quickly to your new home and life. You were more than my dog; you were my friend and a member of my family.

I miss the way you used to put your head on my arm or lap when you wanted my attention. I miss the way you always knew when I was sad or sick and how you used to nuzzle me and give me kisses to make me feel better.

I miss your bright shining eyes and the way you used to tilt your head from side to side when I talked to you as if you understood every word.

Even during those last few months when you could hardly get around and having so much trouble, you were still there to snuggle me and make me feel better. You were always there when I needed you.

I know that letting you go was what was best for you, but I miss you so much. Your loss has left a huge hole in my heart. Until we meet again, I miss you and I will love you always.

All My Love Mommy

2 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

That was very sweet, Leave. Zeke was a lucky dog.

3:28 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

That was so very lovely. What a beautiful tribute to Zeke. I can tell he loved you very much.

I'm so glad you found each other.

5:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home