Sunday, April 09, 2006

It's Final

I received an email from the shelter where I adopted Zeke expressing condolences on his passing. Also, to let me know that they posted the tribute that I wrote for him.

I went to the website to view his tribute and of course I got hysterical crying. I mean, I know he's gone, but seeing it on the website made it seem so final. Seeing my tribute to him made me realize all over again that he's gone.

I miss him so much. I was talking it over with my mom and I was saying, wow, it really is like losing a family member in how much is hurts. She's like not really. I guess unless you have lost a pet that you love very much, you have no idea how much it hurts. It's been about a month and a half and it still hurts.

Anyway, I will make my next post a happy one. Maybe I'll share the fun stuff from my niece's 4th Birthday party.

3 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Your Mom just doesn't get it. Pets offer love, devotion and friendship. Anyone who has ever had a pet realizes that. And Zeke sounded like an amazing dog!!!

I'm sorry it's still so hard for you. Love and hugs.

4:43 AM

 
Blogger glo said...

Zeke was (and in many ways still is) part of your family. 'Nuff said. xo

10:42 AM

 
Blogger michael price said...

My heart and prayers are with you Cleave. We put our beloved cat on a virtural cemetary. Here is the link:

http://www.pettribute.homestead.com/graveyard/yard7.html

Your long post really touched me. I know you are truly special and keep loving yourself . You are intellegent, caring and special.

-Michael

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home