Monday, May 22, 2006

My Therapy

I started therapy today and all I can say, is that even though it was a meet and greet, I'm already starting to feel better. I'm sure that it's psychosematic, but still.

I like my new therapist. I can't tell you what it is about her that I like, but I like her and that's all that's important. We talked briefly about my abusive ex and my recent ex and my father. I'll be damned, my recent ex called about an hour after we were talking about him and my father called and hour after that.

I called my father back and he's like I tried to call you and I said I'm sorry we missed each other. Then he proceeds to tell me that my niece never received his birthday card and I said I never received mine and he said, I told you I didn't send one and I said, for the last four years? He proceeds to argue with me and then tells me that I'm wrong then tells me that I'm right and it was because he didn't have my address and proceeds to laugh. I say, I sent you cards for all those years and they all had my address on the return label. I sent birthday cards, father's day cards and holiday cards and I got none. He says, well you paid me back this year by not sending me one so now we're even. I tell him it's not about getting even, it's a principle and he says am I going to get a lecture and I say nope. From there we had a very strained conversation.

I'm trying not to let this get to me and for the most part it doesn't, I said what I wanted to, I expressed myself and now as my therapist suggested, I'm journaling it, I'm giving my thoughts and feelings a voice. I did not and I'm not going to return the call of my ex.

Can any of you men out there tell me why he keeps calling and why he wants to contact me?? He doesn't want to be with me and he has a girlfriend, so what's the deal???

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I still think you should do what I AND your therapist said and tell him flat out that he's not wanted anymore and that he's to leave you alone. I recently told that to someone who keeps calling every few months and his messages stopped right away. Sometimes they only get it when it's put right there in front of them. If you can't find yourself to tell him whether by phone or Email, then you should talk to your cell phone provider to see if you can get his number(s) blocked but you need to do something or he'll continue to try and contact you.

2:59 AM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

Yeah, what blair bitch said!

I'm so proud of you.

8:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home