Sunday, May 21, 2006

Third Time Is A Charm-Or So They Say

My father is getting re-married again. He's getting married for the third time to a woman that he met off the same dating site that I belong to. I hate to say it, but I'm not happy for him. I don't think that he should do it. His entire family is not talking to him because they think that it's a mistake. Did I mention that his second divorce was just now finalized? I noticed that my father is still active on the dating site while his fiancee has been off for well over 3 months.

Did I mention that my father cheated on his first and second wives? His second marriage ended after 20 years when my step-mother was cheating on him. Ain't that a kick in the pants? Anyway, his new wife to be, has a 25 year old crippled son that lives with her, my father has never had kids live with him. He and my mom divorced when I was a year a half. He is an extraordinarily selfish man. I think that he's just looking for someone to take care of him and this woman won't live with him unless they get married.

Well, I'm not happy about this union, I don't think my father is the type of person who should get married. It's a good thing that I am starting therapy tomorrow. I have been avoiding my father's phone calls because I have nothing positive to say and I'm afraid that I'll say something that I shouldn't.

Any advice on how I can deal with this?

5 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

Pre-nup and make sure you're in the Will too.

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Trust me when I say that my father doesn't deserve a break. I've made excuses and given him "a break" my whole life. This man wasn't even there when I was born, he was sleeping with my ex-stepmother. My father has not bothered to introduce us to his fiancee nor has he bothered to meet his grandson who will be a year old in 2 weeks. My father has not sent any of us, including my 4 year old niece so much as a birthday card in the last 4 years. So no, I won't give the guy a break. I got to talk to his fiancee on the phone one time and she did not leave me with a good impression. She has spent their whole relationship breaking up with him every other week because she's still in love with her ex. It's a mistake and I refuse to give him a break. He doesn't deserve it. He doesn't have to care what I think, which is why I haven't returned his calls because I can't be nice right now.

6:34 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

Advice? Yeah I'll give you some. Don't waste your time. I may know a little bit more about your dad than anyone else here but he doesn't deserve the time you spend thinking about him. If it bothers you that much, then tell him that she's on the dating site but truthfully, let him live his own life. If he can't deal with it later, that's his problem.

4:15 AM

 
Blogger DutchBitch said...

I don't think there is any advice we can give you other than the obvious stuff you already know deep in your heart and upon which you already seem to be acting... It's tough and if you don't feel comfortable you should just indeed not waste your time...

Your dad sounds as dreamy as any other guy on the dating sites...

4:29 AM

 
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Geez, you don't even have to be ON dating sites to get fucktard comments, by the looks of it (see comment above)...

I am not sure whether we should be worried or just feel confirmed in our long time standing diagnosis about (most) fucktard men...

8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home