Sunday, May 14, 2006

Back Up On The Horse

Last night I had a date. My first first date in over a year. I decided that it's been three months since the asshole dumped me and that it was time for me to give it another shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained right? So let me tell you about it.

First let me start by saying that he is a very nice, sweet, humorous man. He's only a few years older than me, 6 years to be exact. He's the same religion and he's 6'4". I'm barely 5'3".

We met at a nice restaurant but the wait was almost 2 hours long. We got into his clown car, and by clown car, I mean a clown car. The man is 6'4" and somehow managed to squeeze himself into this little tiny Honda hybrid car. Don't ask me how because I'm still not sure. I saw it, but I still don't believe it. We went to another restaurant, same wait time. I suggested that we go to the movies first. He agreed and off we went in the clown car.

We went to see "Just My Luck," with Lindsay Lohan. It was very cute and it was PG-13 which means that there was no nudity and therefore, not awkward or uncomfortable for a first date. I don't know how he fit into those seats. The movie was very cute and we left and went back to the first restaurant. There was a 10 minute wait. We had a very nice dinner. Good conversation, some laughs. Really nice guy. With a lisp.

I don't know if I want to go out with him again, am I being too critical? I had a nice time, he's a nice guy, but I didn't feel that instant click. Maybe I'm not ready. But I mean come on, WTF?? How long until I get over this POS that didn't deserve me in the first place? UGH.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Instant connection and chemistry is not what it's made out to be in movies and stuff. If you liked him, thought he was nice, Don't find anything really concerning, and he asks you out again, go for it. You never know, you might see something new and exciting, or you can say your first feeling was true but you're glad you were open to possibilities. Remember, first dates are awkward, interview like, and aren't a real picture into the person. I say, if he asks, go out again, do something more conducive to "fun" and conversation. Like a walk or miniature golf or something cheesy :)

GOOD LUCK and Glad you're back on the Merry-Go-Round.

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I agree with T but first of all, FORGET ABOUT THE POS. He's not the worth the time and energy you put into thinking about it. I realize it's easier said than done but just do it, 'cause I said so, lol.

4:50 PM

 
Blogger marty said...

He seems alright. Nobody's perfect (I'm very, very close though).

I agree w/Tam. Go on date #2.

5:27 PM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Thank you Tam and Marty for your advice. BB-you are so right, but what's your advice on what to do with the giant in the clown car? lol

5:29 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I have absolutely no suggestions about the clown car. Apparently, he's very environmentally conscious and he will do whatever he can to slow down global warming which includes stuffing himself into a car that he's obviously not built for. Perhaps he was a midget clown in his previous life and he prefers small cars that leave him feeling claustrophobic?!

3:10 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

Some little bird told me I didn't give advice as to whether or not to go out with this guy again so here it is...some laughs. A lisp. That's telling me you were finding more of his bad points than good. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance because it's true that sometimes you don't feel sparks right away but if you didn't feel ANYTHING on the first date, then chances are you won't at all. I hate to sound so pessimistic but if you can't envision yourself with this guy then why waste your time? The ultimate decision is yours. If you didn't feel IT with him, then don't put yourself through it and don't lead him to believe that you like him more than you do.

4:06 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

At the risk of sounding harsh, he was probably your transitional guy. One of those simply nice guys that get you back in the dating saddle again.

If you want to go out again then go. If not then not. The nice thing about those guys is it's no biggie either way.

4:55 AM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

I think you should give him another chance. That "spark" your looking for sometimes takes awhile to ignite.

You are used to being lied to and mistreated, so it's understandable that being around a "normal" guy would make you a little uncomfortable.

The worst that can happen is you have another pleasant evening out with a nice man you aren't cuckoo for.

I can't recommend extended periods of being cuckoo. Much love!

10:31 AM

 
Blogger DutchBitch said...

In our early dating days my 6'5" ex-husband managed to squeeze himself in an ever smaller car: a tiny Fiat...

That's love for ya... or lust... or maybe it was just the fact that he did not have a car himself...

5:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home