Thursday, June 22, 2006

HUH??? WTF???

Today started out like any other. I slept in, I walked and fed the dogs, I lounged, I surfed the web.
I ironed and I watched Broke Back Mountain, shush, I was curious.

Then it happened, somewhere before dinner and after the UPS delivery. My father called, I didn't answer (it's habit). My father is not the greatest dad in the world, he's some where between, donor and he remembers our names and birthdays. However, he's my dad nonetheless. I sent him a Father's Day card and I called him. On Sunday. Today is Thursday. He called back and this was his exact message, "Hi, got your message and card, take care." WTF was that?? No thank you, no call me, no nothing!! WTF? Could it be that my father has washed his hands of me? How do you just say good-bye to your children? From here on out, I wash my hands of him and if I should need to speak of him, he will be "THE DONOR."

I'm so glad that I have therapy tomorrow. I don't think I can take much more. On the bright side, my puppy is so damn cute and I'm so happy I decided to get him.

2 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

It does sound a little impersonal. But you did the right thing to send him a card.

7:56 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I'm sorry your father doesn't have a clue. I wasn't surprised to hear about his reaction, it's just ashame. Hang in there!

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home