Saturday, June 03, 2006

Weekend Updates

Today was my nephew's 1st birthday. So I spent my entire day over there celebrating with my family. He's so cute. My father flew in for the occasion with his fiancee and he met my nephew for the first time and we met her for the first time.

My father was his usual obnoxious self. I had the opportunity to talk to his fiancee alone and all I can say is, "H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!!" I do not think that there will be a wedding. She was telling me all of the lies that my father has told her over the last two years that they have been together and also that when they fight my father's temper lets loose and he says these horrible things to her and then acts like nothing happened. I wanted to laugh, now hear me out before you judge me, because this is the father I was referring to. The father I grew up hating. She told me all the lies that he fed her, that my stepmother cheated on him, while that is true, he neglected to tell her that he cheated on my stepmother many, many times and also that he cheated on my mother and that he hit my mother. Also, he told her that he wasn't close to us because my mother poisoned us with lies. I looked at her and said, actually she poisoned us with the truth.

Long story short, she told me she knows nothing about my father and that the things that she does know, are lies, or so she found out this weekend. She plans on calling me sometime when he's not around to get the scoop. Boy I can't wait. My brother had a big fight with him this weekend and decided that he's not invited back. My sister in law broke out in hives and cold sores before he even arrived.

Oh and my car broke down. Yes, my brand new car broke down. I got off the highway and all the lights came on, the cruise control light started blinking and the car decided that it was not going to go over 5mph. So I drove the rest of the way at 5mph. That was fun. I had the car towed and then had to find a ride to the only car rental place that was open. At least the car is under warranty. It was just an added bonus to this great day.

The party was fun, meeting the fiancee was fun. Oh and my father actually came through and gave me a check for Rocky. My niece wants to meet the puppy. I finally told my brother aka my landlord about the puppy and he asked my niece if she wants to meet him and she does, she can't wait.

Rocky is a handful. He's cute, he's sweet and he's not housebroken, but we're working on that. Smokey still has his issues, but they seem to be getting along.

Anyway, I'm beat and I'm going to crash. Hope you all had a fabulous day!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Histrionics of a Fat Housewife said...

I have a worthless sperm donor for a bio dad, too. They suck.

On the other hand, that is one stinkin' cute baby puff there. Congrats! Don't ya just love that puppy smell?

6:47 AM

 
Blogger ab said...

Housebreaking puppies... yikes!

6:52 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I'm eagerly awaiting a report about what you and your dad's soon-to-be-ex fiancee talk about. And you KNOW you better fill me in!

Glad you had fun at the b-day party and that the pups are getting along better. You'll be housebroken in due time. I mean, Rocky will, lol.

2:00 PM

 
Blogger marty said...

I don't think I'm housebroken. How does that work?

8:41 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Not that my two cents matter, but I'd stay as far away from a discussion with his supposed fiancee. First, she WILL go back and use what you say to throw in his face. That means you will be caught up in drama and bullshit that you really don't need. Parents and kids should not be involved in this sort of shit. I mean, the quality of person she is is pretty clear. She flies over with the man. She bad mouths him. She wants to gossip. How old is she? Why is she with him?

Leave...just don't bother wasting your time or energy on that situation at all. Seriously, you are the better person to just not say a word and be the grown up.

7:39 AM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Tamara your 2 cents do matter and I appreciate your input very much and will carefully consider what I divulge.

5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home