Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm Waving The White Flag; Throwing In The Towel, etc, etc

I have officially given up on men. It has come to my attention (today) that my ex got engaged right after we broke up. Ain't that a kick in the pants? So, he broke up with me a week after my dog died and then he got engaged a week after that. However, he continued to tell me that it wasn't over between us for a month and a half after we broke up. What a nice guy huh?

I suppose I should be happy that she's the one that's going to wind up with this asshole, but it still hurts like hell. This has really hurt my self esteem (again). It seems that I'm only good enough to be used and nothing more. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time that this has happened to me. It's more like the third time and let me just say that it doesn't get easier.

As of right now, I'm done. No more men for me. No more dating, no trying to meet someone, no more dating sites, no more nothing. I've officially given up. Good luck to those of you in relationships or those of you still pursuing them. But no me, no sirree. Perhaps I'll take a break from all online activities.

What really sucks is that I saw my therapist this morning, before I found out about the engagement of course and I won't be seeing her again for like 2.5 weeks. I think that I best be calling her back to see if I could move that up, I don't think I'm going to make it until then.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I don't see how Sage's comment has anything to do with your post, Leave, but whatever...

You really need to get this dick out of your life for good. And I believe you told me that your therapist told you to call her if you needed her so perhaps you should do that?

3:22 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

Not all men are assholes. I might be though.

But there are a few non-assholes in the population.

3:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably good you've given up on men. Some of us just aren't worth it.

4:02 AM

 
Blogger The Histrionics of a Fat Housewife said...

Get yourself a voodoo doll and have a night of fun with your girlfriends and a pitcher of martinis.

But it only works if you believe. You have to believe... and drink heavily.

5:09 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I agree with what BB said, (the second paragraph anyway ;-) )

FYI, if a therapist offers emergency help, then he/she means it. Do not hesitate to call!

Love and Hugs.

5:19 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

Sage I'm not gonna' start a war with you on someone else's blog because that's rude but seriously, grow up and realize that your response had NOTHING to do with what Leave was saying. She's upset about a guy that wronged her and you come along and say that the women are faulty for you men acting like idiots. And of course your response about me made little sense as well because my being a bitch has nothing to do with the fact that you don't have a brain.

1:29 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Hi Rack...
First timer here and like your blog. I can relate about the dating scene...I haven't been so bold to make posts like you but maybe I should.

I'll check back often.

7:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home