Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's Been Awhile-Here are some tidbits

It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I haven't had the time or the ideas to blog. I spent the last couple of days in NH. I went up on Sunday and stayed over and then got snowed in up there. My niece and nephew are so cute and I miss them terribly. My niece was so happy to see me and so was my nephew even though he couldn't say it out loud.

So, my man and I went shopping over the weekend. He needed jeans and I needed to give him my opinion. He bought me the cutest little purse for going out. He also bought my niece and nephew a book and a stuffed animal that goes along with it. I know, awwwww. He told me to be sure that I told my niece it was from him too. All weekend she asked me to read the book that my friend bought for her.

My friend also asked me to go with him to family function in June, in Ohio. If we're still together. I'm not worried, I'm sure we'll be fine. I thought it was sweet of him to ask.

On a sad note, the time has come for me to make a decision about my beloved Zeke. He will be 10 next month and according to the vet he's lived a long and full life for a dog in his condition. Still doesn't make it any easier. I'm going to be spending the next month spoiling him and hopefully helping him to enjoy the time that he has left. This is one of the hardest decisions that I have had to make in my life and I don't know if I can actually go through with this. Luckily my man has made it clear that he will take us when it's time and that he will go into the room and be with Zeke and I can wait outside after I say my good-byes. I have been crying non-stop for a few weeks now.

Well, now that I've depressed myself, I'm going to end this post. I will do my best to have a fun, happy post next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

I think it's a painful decision you have to make but sometimes there is no alternative.

4:47 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I love you want to give your man your important opinion on his jeans ;-)

I'm sorry about Zeke Sweetie. You must be in agony. Please know I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Hugs Leave.

6:02 AM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

Zeke's momma, I'm so sorry you have to make this decision.

So happy you have your man in your life, and that he is such a great source of support.

Hang in there!

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Pragmatician said...

I know what you mean about your nephew and niece, I have some that live quite far and I rarely see them and miss them a lot.You shoumld get a computer camera and tell your sis to get one too.

8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home