Monday, January 02, 2006

2006-It's Time for a Change


As you can see from the title of the post, I feel that since it's a new year, it's time for a new me. I decided to make a major change in my life. My previous post was about a jerk that yelled at me at work when he had absolutely no right to do so. Don't you worry, I'll be telling my boss on Thursday when she returns. I'm sure that he'll tell her too.

Anyway, I have decided that I'm going to stop work on my MBA and I'm going to pursue and entirely different degree. I'm going to pursue a degree in School Counseling (possibly School Psychology).

Right now I am in the process of looking for a new school and seeing what I need to do in order to complete this degree. It's a little scary, but, I don't like my current job, nor do I even like my industry. Instead of being scared, I'm actually very excited.

I chatted with my guy about all this on NYE and he was all gung ho and we've chatted about it several times. He's been very sweet and very supportive. Well, he's always been sweet.

So, let's all wish me luck, and I just may need one of you to write me a letter of recommendation for my new school!!

Now tell me, what is it time for YOU to change this year?

6 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

I think you need to do what makes you happy.

The days of staying at one job and/or one industry are over.

Congrats on your decision, Leave.

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

all I gotta say is:
LEAVEittocleavage :)

and enjoy the journey :)

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Pragmatician said...

It's true that counseling will bring more job satisfaction than sitting at the desk. I’d love to feel as ambitious and go back to college but I'm afraid I'm not up to it at the moment, leaving the relative security I know now...too pragmatic for that.

2:45 AM

 
Blogger Boogie said...

Filo:

I'm glad to hear you're making a change; change can be very scary but it shouldn't be if you're looking toward doing something you'll enjoy that will make you happy. The short-term jitters, if any, will be displaced by the long-term reward of enjoying waking up on a daily basis, getting satisfaction from what you do with regularity, and the knowledge that you're doing better by and for yourself than you were.

Congrats and happy new year!

5:37 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Much luck dear!

I'm very happy for you...

6:04 AM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind words, your support and your well wishes, they mean the world to me.

Thank you!!

9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home