Saturday, January 07, 2006

How Do I know?


How do you tell if someone loves you when they haven't said the words? Is it in the way that they stroke your face when you're lying together talking? Is it in the way that they get up in the middle of the night to walk YOUR dogs because you look so sweet and peaceful while you're sleeping? Is it the way that they call you 10 times on the day that your dog has emergency surgery to see how you and the dog are doing? Or, is it in the way that they spend 3 hours driving just so they can see you for a couple of hours? How about in the way that they hesitate everynight when they're saying goodnight to you on the phone, like they have more that they want to say?

I have no idea how to tell. Men are hard to read. Women wear their emotions right out on their sleeves. Some days I wish I was a mind reader so that I could know what was going on inside his head, and then other times I'm glad that I don't know. I guess I will find out in due time how he feels.

Before I forget, Zeke is home now and he is very happy to be home. Thank you again for all of your well wishes. Unfortunately, he has a very long, slow recovery ahead of him. He is extrememly thin and can hardly walk, but he's alive and he's even a little playful!! He sends his love.

3 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Love to Zeke and you Leave! I'm so glad your baby is home. Give him a pat for me please.

Regarding the love thing, when you figure it out, can you let me know too? ;-)

10:36 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

Better you should not be able to read your guy's mind.

I know what's in my mind, but maybe I'm not a good example.

Good luck w/that and great news about Zeke.

4:34 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Filo...when you don't have to beg the question, "when do I know he loves me", THAT is when you know :)

My guess, is his actions speak MUCH louder than any words.

Yay for you, seriously, WHOOOOOPIE...doing back flips here!

4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home