Friday, December 30, 2005

Why Today Sucked

My boss is on vacation for a few weeks and she left one of the guys that I work with to do some of the things that she does. Now I didn't take this to mean that he was "in charge" of us since we are all on the same level. He is taking over her tasks such as approving letters, scanning the incoming mail and taking calls from assistants and stuff. Never did I think that he was going to be telling us what to do.

So it's been about 2 weeks and everything is going well and we're all just doing our job and stuff. Tolday he tells me to do something and does so in an email to the entire team. So I said, sure I'll do it, but I thought that we drew straws for this kind of thing. So his email back was pretty nasty and I said well, maybe you could have asked me to do it before you announced it to the entire team. Well, that was it. He started yelling at me in front of everyone. I was so humiliated. I ran out of there crying. I cried all the way home. I'm so humiliated I don't even think that I can show my face there again.

Unfortunately, I do have to go back to work on Tuesday. I was contemplating one of two things. One, calling in sick until my boss returns on Thursday. Two, I was just going to go in and do my job but not speak to him. It will be hard since he sits very, very close to me. I think that I'm just going to go in and do my job and ignore him totally and completely.

I'm really glad that this week has ended. Yesterday was the anniversary of my Grandmother's passing and I was very upset. I was feeling better today until this happened.

Well, that's it for now. I have some good things to look forward to. Sunday I'm celebrating Hanukkah with my family. And my man is coming over on Sunday as well. So that will be good.

So, how is everyone else doing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Who pissed in his eggnog?

Sorry you have to deal with the shmuck. Make sure your boss is aware of this.

11:34 PM

 
Blogger marty said...

If you sit very very close to him, then don't bathe and eat lots of garlic the day before.

I wrote the book on dealing w/assholes. What's his home phone number and where does he live?

3:17 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Happy New Year Leave.

Just grit your teeth and deal with the yutz, you can explain it all to your boss when they return.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Pragmatician said...

We have a guy liker that too, in absence of the real boss he volunteers to play boss.
Since the real boss likes him, most people just comply to avoid scenes, I usually don’t and it gets ugly sometimes.
Don’t let that jerk intimidate you, you did well to react.
I'm ok in general.

5:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home