Sunday, January 15, 2006

Meet the Parents-Sort Of

Yesterday I took my man up to meet my family. My family consists of my brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew and my mom. My mom went over to my brothers and he and I stopped in to meet them. He begged me not to make him stay longer than 15 minutes as he hates the family thing. I told him no more than a 30 minutes and to get over it.

We walked in and he thought my mom was my sister-in-law (what can I say she looks really young) and my sister in law had woken my niece up so I could see her too. So my niece says hi (insert his name here), it's so nice to meet you. She's only 3. How cute was that? All my nephew did was stare and smile. He's only 7 months old.

All in all it was a good visit. He and my brother hit it off well, they started chatting and checking out my brother's toys (his built in surround sound with his 48 inch TV).

The strange part was that I wasn't even nervous about taking him to meet my family. He's a great guy and the more time I spend talking to him and being with him the more I think that. I've stopped waiting for the other shoe to drop and I'm just enjoying myself.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pragmatician said...

I think 30 minutes is fair the first time, televising sets, computers and the like are wonderful icebreakers when men are involved.
Did you get feedback already?

1:29 AM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I did get some feedback, everyone thought he was very nice and he thought that they were all nice. He thought my niece and nephew were adorable, which of course scored huge with my mom.

4:00 AM

 
Blogger glo said...

Sounds wonderful (on so many levels) :)

4:34 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

Great news, Leave! Wonderful to hear.

5:07 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

That is so great that he and the family met and liked each other! Is there an announcement imminent? ;-)

7:21 AM

 
Blogger Moochy said...

nice blog.
"So my niece says hi (insert his name here), it's so nice to meet you. She's only 3. How cute was that? "
reminded me:
When I was in the airport and bought something the clerk said , have a nice trip! and i naturally responded, YOU TOO!!! :) lol , she said "I aint going no where".

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home