Tuesday, February 07, 2006

OUCH!!!

We walk on them, we dance on them, we use them every single day. They're toes. Toes can be big, small, hairy, cute or ugly. (Babies have cute toes). My question is, why do they have to be so fragile??????

Last night I'm watching TV and I was doing my shoulder exercises and when I went to put the little weights away one slipped out of my hand and dropped onto my foot. And yep you guessed it, broke my freaking toe. My man called and I was crying and told him what happened and he demanded that I go to the ER. I told him that I couldn't, 24 was coming on. I'm addicted, I can't help it.

Besides, having broken my toes on previous occassions, I know that there's nothing that can be done. My poor little ring finger toe is all swollen and mishapen and purple.

Last year I broke my pinky toe trying to help clear off the table at my aunt's house. I'm not really accident prone despite how it appears.

I just need to remember one thing, shoes are good when lifting things that may drop onto my poor unsuspecting toes.

6 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

Leave, I'm so sorry. I hope your toe feels better soon and you're back on the dance floor real soon.

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Ouchie Boo Boo.... soak that puppy. Nurture it :) I think broken toe might love some fizzy bath crystals ;)

Seriously, sorry about that. I once broke the very tip of my right ring finger. I had just moved into my old studio (ten years ago). I heard an odd noise outside the window in the bathroom. Being new, I wanted to check out the new noises. Bathroom windows tend to be too high to look out of, so I got on the small sink counter, leaned across to the window, holding onto the towel rack. Why I thought that was sturdy is beyond me. I fall backwards, break my finger, bank my head, and bruised my shoulder I think. Let's just say that was a fun drive to the hospital. Driving me and my broken finger.

Living alone sucks when stuff goes wrong and there's nobody to cry to.

10:16 PM

 
Blogger Pragmatician said...

If I had a penny...They're quite fragile, but they heal quickly and easily.
If you ever have to miss an ep of 24, you can always download it afterwards or have a freind tape it for you.

5:55 AM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

This little piggy went, wah! wah! wah!, straight to the Emergency Room.

Poor Rackie McJiggles. So sorry you broke your toe. Speedy recovery to you, Missy, and I recommend you add some playing doctor with your man to the rehab process. ;)

8:10 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

OUCH! I hope you are ok?! Poor you!

And I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing at you waiting until "24" was over but I am ;-)

P.S. I've been trying to leave a comment for two days on your last post and blogger wouldn't let me.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Ty Marty!! I would probably injure someome else's toe if I were to go dancing.

Tam-OWWWWWWWWWWWW. That did not sound pleasant. Yeah being alone sucks when you get injured.

LB-Blogger seems to have eaten my anger management post. Oh well. I thought that joke was very funny. I wouldn't miss 24 for anything. It's sick I know.

Trubs-playing doctor (smacks forehead) damn, why didn't I think of that sooner. I'll have to break out the nurses uniform.

3:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home