Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day seems to be either loved or hated by most people. I am 30 years old and have never celebrated a Valentine's Day with any of my ex-boyfriends and I was in relationships for 6 years straight and nothing. I don't remember if it ever bothered me, I think I just got used to it. I've been single for the last 4 years, so it's been 10 years straight that I haven't ever celebrated a Valentine's Day.

When my grandmother was alive, she used to send me cards with $10 tucked inside for Valentine's Day. I still have every card she ever sent.

I didn't expect this year to be any different with the new guy. He is away this week with a bunch of his friends and when he initially told me about the trip, I put out the feelers saying you're going to miss our very first Valentine's Day together. I wanted to see if he was bothered or if it wasn't a big deal. He was totally bummed and told me we would celebrate before and after his trip.

He left Friday the 10th, we went out to dinner on the 9th and he bought me the sweetest card, I almost cried. He also told me that I will get my present when he gets back. I told him that the thoughtful card and his making the effort to see me when he was busy getting ready for his trip was enough for me. I bought him a DVD, a sweet card and some treats to take on his trip. My card to him was cute. I didn't know how mushy to make it. The outside said, "Do you know what I like best about my life?" The inside said, "Having you in it." I thought that was perfect.

His card. OMG, let me tell you, I thought I was going to cry. It was one of those long Hallmark cards that talks about how happy he is that he met me, how he wakes up thinking about me, how he hopes it's me every time the phone rings and how it makes him smile when he hears my voice. Yeah, it was sweet.

I can't wait to see what my present is. I'll keep you updated.

Anyway, for those of you that love this day, Happy Valentine's Day and for those of you that done, Happy Tuesday. I love you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

BRAVO! Sounds like you're a lucky girl. Also sounds like he is a lucky guy. Glad someone is gettin' the love this VDay :)

4:47 PM

 
Blogger Jeru Guru said...

Any chance the present will be a ring with some ice sitting atop of it?

1:52 AM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day sweetie! I'm so happy for you and your man, you certainly should have some lovin' in your life. Luv!

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Thanks everyone! Hey Jeru-LTNS. It will definitely not be a ring. That I'm sure of.

4:26 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Awww he sounds awesome! I'm so glad you have found such a great guy!!!

I'm a sucker for the mushy gushy stuff myself ;-)

Love ya back!

5:37 PM

 
Blogger marty said...

Congrats Leave. You've met a mensch. Belated Happy Valentine's Day.

5:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home