Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Mother

I'll start this post by saying that I love my mother more than anything. She is an incredible, wonderful woman and has been through hell and is still funny.

My father left my mother when I was just about a year old. He left her for the woman he was having an affair with. Did I mention that my father physically and verbally abused her? Both he and my mom remarried. He cheated on his second wife many times and they finally got divorced 20 years later when she was cheating on him. My mom remarried my step father who raised me and my brother like we were his own. He provided for us and loved us and never treated us like we were "stepchildren" and we called him dad. He and my mom divorced 13 years later when he left her for the woman that he was cheating on her with.

So my mom has had two men leave her for other women, talk about destroying someone's self esteem. I think that my mom lost a little bit of her sanity with these two events, who would blame her right? She also became very weird.

Now my mom has a boyfriend that she's had for 12 years. He lives with her. I'm not even going to start in on him. He stays with her even though she constantly yells at him. We refer to him as her bitch. Trust me, that's not far off. He does all of the cooking, cleaning, running of the errands and she works. I'm not sure if he works on not, no one in my family speaks to him.

so, my mom calls me tonight, I answer the phone just in time to hear her screaming at her boyfriend, something about the volume and then some obscenities thrown in there. I chuckled a little bit. So I wait, she finally comes on the line and yells helloooooooooooooooo into the phone. I say, I'm right here, you can stop yelling in my ear now. So she starts screaming at him again, something about the mute button this time. So now I say, please stop screaming in my ear. She utters some obscenities about him and continues to talk all pissed off. I ask her what her problem is and she yells that she has decided she has no life. I just laugh and tell her to relax and once again to stop yelling in my ear.

My mother is quirky. She's very shy and when she finally gets up the courage to say something or ask a question, it comes out sounding like she's very angry and actually yelling at you. Now if you didn't know her you would think that she's always pissed off, as she always has a frown on her face, but she's not. She's actually very easy going, very friendly and very kind. She is always trying to do things for me to help me out. She's very sweet and loving and truly wonderful. She just drives me crazy most of the time. I can't wait to be stuck with her in the car for 12 hours this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

Do you have earplugs?

10:28 PM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

You are a brave and loving daughter!

7:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home