Sunday, April 16, 2006

Why Do I Torment Myself?

Today, AMC is having a tear jerker marathon and I have decided to watch it. Why do I torment myself? I also decided that today was a good day to watch the videos of Zeke that were on my cellphone as I was emailing them to myself so that I would always have them.

Unfortunately, I also came across videos of the ex-asshole on my cellphone that I had forgotten were there. That was enough to make me cry. I also re-read and then deleted all of his past text messages. I know I know. Re-read the title of the post. Of course before I deleted them I sat there wondering where it all went wrong and why things ended the way that they did.

I'm trying not to torment myself. I deleted pictures, videos and texts of and from him so that I wouldn't be tempted to look at them and then relive this lovely scenario again. I did keep the videos of the dog.

I'm hoping to get this all out of my system before my birthday, because even though it's my party and I'll cry if I want to, I don't want to!!!

What sort of things do you do to torment yourselves?

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

I'd like to ask you the same question? Why would you even waste one more second of your time crying over shit? Yeah he hurt you but when it comes down to it, it's HIM who has the problem, you didn't cause anything to happen. He chose to carry on several relationships at once, he chose to lie to you AND himself and he chose to be an asshole. Now tell me how you're to blame for any of that? Stop watching the stupid shit on TV and find a good comedy or two! Even just smiling a little makes us feel better about ourselves and what may be going on in our lives at the time.

1:00 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I try not to torture myself on purpose TOO often but it's hard not to sometimes.

Crying it out over a sad movie is good for a bit but tomorrow back to comedies Missy!

Love ya.

3:42 PM

 
Blogger glo said...

Sounds like you did get rid of the "dog's" stuff and kept Zeke's.

7:25 AM

 
Blogger Trouble said...

Only you know the best way for you to cope and move ahead, baby. Maybe catharsis was the last, necessary step?

On to better and brighter things, starting with a fabulous birthday!

P.S. I torment myself by reading the news--knowing I'll just get all pissed off.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

I don't need to torment myself. There are lots of people who torment me by their very existence. These people are called assholes.

So, when I feel the need to be tormented, I just get in touch w/one of them.

Works like a charm for those times when I just need to feel like shit.

6:16 PM

 
Blogger Stacy said...

Oh, sweetie, life goes on. Thinking about this d*ckhead, who's probably boinking some other chick as I type this, is not worth your time. And, please, don't use my form of torment--eating white chocolate morsels. I'm around your age (30 in June), and the calories are now sticking :( Shucks.

3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home