Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hodge Podge

I don't really have one topic to write about today, I have several.

First, we'll start with what ticked me off. I was contacted on that lovely dating site by a 50 year old man. Now, I have no problem with older men as I have dated them previously, but I have a problem with the older ones that contact me when they're not looking for the same things as I am.

To illustrate my point, this man contacted me and said he thought that we had so much in common. I read his profile and it turns out that we don't. So I email him back and tell him that I'm flattered that he finds me attractive, but I think that we're at different stages in our lives and that I want marriage and kids and that I'm not willing to relocate to Florida. He writes me back and says he's not looking for those things, that he is just looking for a date, a friend and a good time. I write back and say again, those are not things that I'm looking for and I wish him luck. He writes back and says, he is looking for marriage and he loves kids. WTF???? I mean come on. So I got annoyed and wrote back something a little less pleasant that contained his previous email saying he wasn't looking for those things.

On to my next random thought. My father left me and my brother scathing voicemails last weekend demanding that we call him back. Neither of us has called him back. When I say scathing, I mean yelling and screaming and telling us that he was annoyed by what happened when he came and visited us. I'm sure that he's referring to the fact that we told his fiancee the truth about him. I'm sure that didn't go over well. Perhaps they broke up. Who knows. If he didn't want her to know the truth he should have kept her in Florida.

Next topic. Mystery man and I have talked and have setup a tentative date to get together. I'm thinking that he may actually be one of the last decent single guys left. More to come on this as the date gets closer.

Next weekend I'm treating myself to a massage. I can't wait.

Now, for another topic that pisses me off. I work 6 days a week. My boss expects me to work between 45 and 55 hours a week. So, now my weekends are down to one day. On that one day off, I do my grocery shopping, housework, laundry and take Rocky to puppy classes. There has got to be more to life than this. There just has to be. No wonder I'm in such a bad mood all the time.

Anyone have any suggestions on helping me enjoy life or get more out of life?

6 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Schedule your off time very carefully. Only do what YOU want to do. Can you possibly do some of your chores during the week, (thus making one day where you can just have fun?)

It's hard I know. I go through that all work and no play thing sometimes as well.

9:13 AM

 
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Unfortunately, I don't even get home from work until 7:45pm and then I have to walk and feed the dogs and then feed myself and by the time I'm done with all that, it's almost 9 and then I just want to sleep. Plus my apartment is like 100 degrees, there's no ac outside the bedroom.

9:15 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

A different job? Agree w/Lisa, do chores during the week. Is there flex time? Can u work from home?

12:44 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Leave, I have a ton of free time and still no time. Bottom line is you need to either tell your boss it's too much. Maybe he'll let you work only 2 Saturday's a month?

1:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

personal matchmaking dating single Top Internet Dating Services Rated. Learn more. Please visit personal matchmaking dating single

1:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Gay line http://www.mr2carcover.info/Dale-earnhart-car-cover.html plastic surgeons in nsw

10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home