Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's A Small World After All

Yesterday was a rough day. The electrician did fix my electrical issue, but my brother hasn't been around to put in my new air conditioner. My apartment was a nice humid 106 degrees yesterday. It's sad when you sweat when you're taking a cold shower. I slept in until about 9:30 in my air conditioned bedroom with my puppy on my bed. Yes he likes to sleep with me.

Anyway, I went for a massage yesterday. My hair stylist does them and I got a discount for being a first time massage client. It was heavenly. I could have just slept there all day. After the massage I was very woozy and dizzy and light headed. She sat me down and just kept feeding me water. My hair looked like something out of the bride of frankenstein. But I still felt great. I came home and my brother was at the building and he put in my air conditioner in the main part of the apartment which is now much, much cooler.

I went to dinner and then to the movies to see The Lake House with my friend from work. The movie was very cute. As we were leaving a car goes by and calls out her name, she turns real quick and says, "OMG, that was my best friend from High School!" Another call goes by and another person calls her name out and she says "OMG, that's my best friend's sister, how funny!" The cars are now stopped and we keep walking all the while I'm teasing her about knowing everyone, when we pass the car with the sister and she now calls out my name. I look and holy shit, it's the girl that lived down the hall from me iin college. She says she has to pull over.

So we all get to talking and decide to go out for drinks. It was so bizarre. It turns out her former roommate works at my company. I'll have to look her up on Monday, and that this girl lives near me. So we exchanged some phone numbers and decided it would be fun to go out again. We had a blast.

Not much happening today, I should definitely do some ironing and Rocky has puppy class today. Did I mention that he's the star of his puppy class? Every time the instructor tells us what we're doing next, he runs up to her and sits down facing her. Every time she says, "I think Rocky just volunteered to go first." Then she proceeds to do the demo with him. He catches on usually on the second try. Then at the end of class, she asks me if I'm sure that I don't want her to take him home. She just thinks that he's the cutest. And of course he is.

Now that I've downed my second cup of coffee it's time to get moving. Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rocky is a rock star!

Aren't massages THE BEST? I am always woozy afterwards as well. That sounds awesome!

6:35 AM

 
Blogger glo said...

Enjoy the A/C. Now you can be Kewl and cool at the same time. xo

7:25 AM

 
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Sweating when having a cold shower... that is bad... Glad the A/C is working now. I wish I had one... we are continuously having +95 temps and A/C is not standard here...

My hairstylist doesn't do massages! Now I feel cheated out of a good time!

12:38 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

If my hair stylist did massages, I would have to switch teams.

Er...no.

Glad you are cool and got you're AC working.

3:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

106 degrees!
Oh wait - you mean that wacky farenheit system you guys use. What's that in Celcius. Either way, I'm sure it's hotter than here. We had fog today. But then it is winter.

3:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home