Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hodge Podge Addendum

I feel that I needou have to make some clarifications about my job. I love my company and have been with them for almost 7 years. When I transferred back to NH I took a job unlike any I've ever held with this company. I'm now in a sales position and it's hard for me to get used to, you have to be aggressive, pushy and nosy and I'm not any of those things. So, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new job. The downside is that there is a freeze in my department and I am unable to look for another job within my firm until September.

At this point in time, I go to school, I'm raising a puppy and I work many, many hours. I have to keep working so they will pay for school and I have to keep working ridiculous hours because I have to be successful so they will pay for school and so that I can get another job within the company.

I wish that I could do some chores during the week, but there just isn't enough time and I'm far too exhausted. It's all I can do to wash the dishes and make my lunch for the next day. Some nights I'm so exhausted and it's so late when I get home that I don't even eat dinner, I just take care of the dogs and then I crash. It's a vicious circle. Soon my work schedule will be changing and I should be able to do some chores during the week.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How to enjoy life more? What I do is I laugh a lot. Even when shit is particularly shitty. Especially when shit is particularly shitty.
It makes people think I'm crazy, and they leave me alone, so it's win/win really.

:)

2:45 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Work can really be a grind, but maybe by August (just a month away) it will be better.Sometimes the best we can do is hang on awhile and tell ourselves better days are coming.

7:42 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

Agree, if it's temporary, it's just a matter of getting through the rough patch. It's like you're having tax season. That eventually ends.

7:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day at a time kiddo. It's a cliche but it's true. Just keep remembering this is only for NOW and the end is in sight!

6:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home