Friday, January 27, 2006

People Suck-Ok, Not All People

I hate the news. Everyday I read cnn.com and everyday I kick myself. I don't watch news on T.V. because it's too depressing, but I do check cnn.com because I do feel the need to stay in touch.

Every story is sad or tragic or just plain horrifying and it never ends. There was the woman who stoned her children to death. I can't even talk about that one as I was physically sick when I read it. I literally read the story and ran to the bathroom to be sick, that's how horrified I was. Then more recently there was the 7 children who died in the car crash and when their grandfather was told what happened he had a massive heart attack and died. My heart broke, that poor family. There's the teenager who killed his girlfriend's parents because they forbid them to see each other. There are the teens who are killing each other, beating up and killing the homeless, mob beatings, the woman who was beaten and raped on a major highway during the day by a man hiding in her backseat....the list is endless.

What is this world coming to? There are days when I just don't want to get out of bed anymore. The thought of bringing a child into this world horrifies me. I am horrified for my niece and nephew. What kind of world is this? When did things go so wrong?

Am I the only one who feels this way? What are your thoughts? Does anyone know what is going on???

Okay, I feel a little better.

2 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

Everything I know in life was learnt from the Jerry Springer Show.

Screw CNN.

7:55 AM

 
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

When I go home to visit my family, my brother demands that the family refrain from watching anything that has the least bit of a political connotation.

Sometimes you need to tune out, if only for a short moment.

8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home