Saturday, August 05, 2006

Stood Up+Blown Off=Extremely Foul Mood

Caution-this is an I hate most men post. I love all my male blogger friends, so you are excluded.

Back in May I went out on a first date with this guy that I had spoken to many times. He lived close by, we went out, it was fun. You may remember the clown car guy post. Anyway, he didn't say much after the date, so I inquired to see if maybe he wanted to go out again. He said yes, but he wanted to meet me at 5:30 in the morning to take the dogs for a walk. Um, I don't think so. Then he wanted to go out after I got out of work, which at the time was 7pm. Now, when I get out of work, I have to scoot home, walk the dogs, feed them and then walk them again real quick. Now, that would bring me to about 8:30. I don't know about the rest of you, but after working a 10 hour day, I am not in the mood to first go out, especially on a 2nd date where you're still in the "impressionable" phase. Am I wrong here?

So, anyway, I was on vacation the following week from the night that I was talking to him and we agreed on the following Tuesday. Now, since I had contacted him, practically asked him for a 2nd date, would it be too unreasonable for me to expect him to call me or at least email me to make arrangements? Well he didn't bother to contact me and blew me off.

I had a date for today. We made the plans 2 weeks ago. I emailed him on Wednesday to make sure that we were still on. He said yes. I called him to make final arrangements as well as sent an email. He never bothered to respond. Not even to email me and make up an excuse. So now I'm blown off again. But he did read my email.

Why do men join dating sites if they don't want to actually meet anyone or go on a date? It's not like I even expect them to pay for me. I always offer to go dutch. WTF??

I mean, I'm not ugly, I have a great sense of humor. I'm fun to be around. I just don't get it. I had thrown in the towel previously on this whole dating thing, and then I decided to give it another go, and this is how it ends up.

All I have to say is, these losers can kiss my ass. I am going to take another break and just work, go to school and play with my puppies. At least my boys love me.

Speaking of my boys, Rocky graduates puppy class this weekend. I'm bringing my camera because she has little graduation caps for them.

6 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

On behalf of all men who aren't assholes, I apologize Leave.

There are a few of us nice guys still around.

We're just hard to find, I guess.

5:29 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Honey, you are beautiful and wonderful and some men just suck.

And in case anyone was wondering, Marty is a sweetheart.

I want to see the cap and gown pics!!!

4:12 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"Never give up, never,never,never,never." Winston Churchill

7:24 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

Thank you Lisa. Very kind of you. You're lovely.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

LMAO Fab!!!

Fab's right. According to my blog he sucks on bananas every Wednesday, lol.

7:33 PM

 
Blogger Boogie said...

Sorry to hear, F... Sometimes online dating feels like falling down a staircase, with the bottom being the ultimate destination. But it does work and it does get better, so keep the faith.

And it's good to hear Rocky graduated. I would have hated to see him drop out and have to go on Doggy Welfare and Doggy Food Stamps (especially doggy food stamps -- more often than not the doggy in question usually just eats the stamps).

Hang in there F :)

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home