Monday, October 02, 2006

WTF is This World Coming To???!!!!!

I have no idea. I'm struggling to comprehend the violence that seems to have taken over this world. Three violent, deadly school shootings in one week?? What are the odds and why??

Some man walks into a school and senselessly kills a 16 year old girl. I was reading on CNN that her family would like people to go out and commit random acts of kindness to combat this. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do as I plan on honoring that young girl who was killed by a coward as she tried to flee.

A 15 year old boy walks into his school and guns down his principal. Both of their lives are now over.

And today, a man walks into an Amish school and executes three innocent, young girls, ages 6 to 13. It makes me sick. This man has three children of his own, that he probably would have protected with his life, yet he took away someone else's babies. And for what? CNN says it was to avenge something that happened to him 2 decades ago. TWO FUCKING DECADES AGO???? These precious little lives were not even born back then.

I go back and forth debating whether or not I actually want kids and then something like this happens and I decide that I don't want kids. I don't think that I can bring children into this horrible world. This world has become horrible. I'm sure that this feeling will pass, but I just don't understand this horror. I think of my niece and of all my friends who have young kids. How terrifying something like this must be.

My heart goes out to the families of these poor children.

5 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

There's no excuse, Leave.

Don't even try to reason it out.

6:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was truly heartbreaking. And so unfair.

4:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is crazy, isn't it... There is no way to comprehend that, I think...

6:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a crazy world; however, there are many wonderful things too. Unfortunately, our media knows that it's these tragic and personal storiest that get our attention.

As a teacher in an urban public high school, I'd like to say that I feel safe at school. Most kids are great. Even the ones who are jerky are friendly and holler out my name to say hello.

We must remember there IS good in this world, and SO MUCH of it.

2:06 PM

 
Blogger Boogie said...

When I heard about the Amish shootings, I was floored. It's one thing to experience something this disturbing in "our" modern world; it's another, however, to know that even the Amish can't avoid the presence of the sick, mentally-disturbed, chemically-imbalanced freaks this world manages to produce.

I read in the past day or two that one of the older girls shot in the Amish school shootings asked to be shot first in an attempt to spare the lives of the younger children.

I'm not sure what is happening to or in this world, but every time I stop to think about it it sickens me, so I try to think about it as little as possible.

Terrible.

8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home