Tuesday, November 28, 2006

News From Beyond

Well not really. I've been fairly busy. I went to NJ for Thanksgiving and had an unbelievably wonderful time. I had fun seeing lots of cousins and we did a lot of fun things.

My 17 year old cousin has a growth on her jaw bone and will be going under general anthesia to get in there and see what's going on. She may have to lose the three surrounding teeth and she will also need bone reconstruction surgery as this growth has destroyed some bone. So we're very concerned. My grandfather died of bone cancer at 50 and my Aunt (her mother) 1 had cancerous cysts on her ovaries. So, cancer runs in the family.

I'm a little worried. I was petting Smokey this morning and discovered a very large mass on his ribs under his skin. I called the vet and we have an appointment tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and Smokey. I know he's a geriatric, but I already lost my doberman earlier this year and I couldn't bear to lose another one.

So, we have a few tough things to get thru. If you don't mind, please say an extra little prayer for us. I would greatly appreciate that.

And now I have some sweet news. I went to my cousins house (mansion would be more appropriate) for Thanksgiving. His wife is Philipino and they've been married for awhile now and they have no kids. Anyway, she has family in the Philipines and she has these two little girl cousins, 6 and 7 who's mother abandoned them and their father died last year. So she and my cousin adopted these little girls and took them from rags to riches, got them tutors, beautiful clothes and toys. You name it. These girls are so sweet and loving, I can't even express it. I walked in having never met them and they asked me who I was. I said I'm your cousin and they said okay and just started hugging me. It was just so wonderful.

School is now over for this term. I received a 96% in my Stats class and 91% in my Writing class.
I hope all is well and please, leave me lots of comments, I love them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Thank you Mr. Fab!! Yeah unfortunately, that was the best I could do.

6:05 PM

 
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Awwwwww!!! Hope Smokey is alright!

7:29 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

I hope everything works out well for your cousin and Smokey.

Nice grades!

8:46 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I'm glad you had a nice holiday!

I hope Smokey is ok...

7:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing well in school and you were visiting a wonderful loving family for Thanksgiving. Isn't it about time you gave the uglier side of life (no not cancer) just an itty bitty chance here, huh? Visiting with the X does not count. We're talking a full fledged encounter with 'the other', you know those hairy untamed beats we know as 'boys' that hang out down at the school or the local pizza place? That's what's needed for some serious humor here! Well, some more dog pics might suffice, but they have to be yours! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home