Saturday, January 27, 2007

This Morning's Freak Out/Panic

My dog's never let me sleep in. They usually wake me up around 4 or 5 in the morning and then we're up for the day because now they want to eat and play. Today being Saturday I wanted to sleep in since I was exhausted from the weekend.

So this morning I kicked the dogs out of the room and put up the gate to block them from scratching on my door. I also closed the bathroom door really tight. Rocky likes to go in and pick the paper and toilet paper rolls out of the trash.

I go back to sleep in peace for 2.5 hours. I get up it's 8:30 and it's eerily quiet in the apartment. I walk up to the gate and there's Smokey to greet me, but no Rocky. However, I do see Rocky's path of destruction. There's a bottle of nail polish on the floor, a pen some torn up paper. But, there's no Rocky.

I walk into the living room expecting to see the pup on the coffee table or on the couch unable to get down. But he's not there. The dogs only had the kitchen and the living room and he wasn't in either place. So I start calling him and I am trying to suppress the panic I feel rising. I am calling him and offering him treats and he's not coming out. I am moving boxes looking every where and he's no where to be found. I am in full panic mode.

I am now walking in circles and freaking out. Just for the heck of it I decide to check the bathroom, even though the door is still shut tight just like I left it. So, I open the door nice and slowly and there, is my sweet (read devil) puppy looking up at me with his innocent eyes (read mischievous, devilish). He had jumped on the door and opened it (like he does when I'm in the shower) and then either jumped on it or leaned against it and shut it again. Little devil.

The mystery was now solved. I called my mom and she thought it was very funny and that it was his way of teaching me a lesson for leaving him to play by himself.

I can't be the only person something like this has happened to. So, tell me, what has caused you a panic when looking for something when it was right in front of your face.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you were scared but it was a cute ending though :-)

Ally da Pup did that to me during a thunderstorm. I had to leave, and while I was gone it boomed like crazy. I couldn't find her when I came back and was absolutely panicked. She had pushed the shower curtain aside, jumped in the tub, and pulled the curtain closed after her. Was I relieved to see that furry face!

6:28 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

me too Fab, but now that I have a friend at toiletpaper.com I feel less guilt.

5:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home