Monday, March 05, 2007

Speaking of Zeke

I have been thinking about my beloved Zeke over the past few days and I was thinking of sitting down and have a heart to heart with his ashes. Yeah I know. Leave me alone.

Today I came home and there was a giant package in my mailbox from CT from a woman who's name I didn't recognize. So I ripped open the package and as I was opening it, I knew exactly what it was.

It was a portrait of Zeke. It was hand painted by a woman who worked at the vet's office. A woman, who I never actually spoke to or met. She painted a picture of him from one that I had given them. Along with it was a note saying how he was the sweetest, gentlest loving dog ever and that she missed him. It's bizarre that this showed up around the one year anniversary of his passing. I opened the portrait and I completely lost it. Here you go:


4 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

That was so sweet of her!

Cherish it, dear.

Big hugs coming at you!

5:36 AM

 
Blogger DutchBitch said...

O.M.G.!!! That is ULTRASUPER sweet!!!

I am glad to know that there are still decent loving people around who do stuff like that!

It's beautiful, the portrait...

6:02 AM

 
Blogger marty said...

It's very touching, Leave!

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Jarod said...

Wow, what a handsome, cool-looking fella he was. That's an amazing story.

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home